PUBG Mobile Revenue and Usage Statistics (2024)

What is PUBG Mobile?

Launched in February 2018, PUBG Mobile is Tencent’s free-to-play battle royal game that has reached millions of mobile players worldwide since its launch and has become one of the most successful and the largest games in the world. 

What is PUBG Mobile Lite?

Built on the original PUBG Mobile gameplay, PUBG Mobile Lite supports 12 languages including English, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, German, and French. In the game, 60 players land on a 2km x 2km island, search for weapons, vehicles, and supplies, and compete for survival in a battlefield to be the last one standing. 

PUBG Mobile Downloads & Usage Stats

  • As of December 2022, PUBG Mobile surpassed 1.1 billion downloads worldwide across Google Play and the App Store, according to Sensor Tower.
  • PUBG Mobile was among the top 10 most downloaded mobile games worldwide in 2022, according to Sensor Tower.
Image Source Sensor Tower
  • In June 2020, PUBG Mobile reached  734 million downloads worldwide where India ranked number 1 by generating 175 million downloads , 24% of the total downloads, followed by China with 16.7%  and the United States with 6.4%. (Sensor Tower)
  • 65% of PUBG Mobile downloads came from Google Play while the App Store represented the remaining 35%. (Sensor Tower)
  • As of January 2020, the highest kill record in PUBG Mobile is 51. 
  • PMCO Fall Split 2020 by PUBG Mobile broke a record with over 80K registrations, the highest number of registrations in the game industry’s history. (Sportskeeda)

PUBG Mobile Revenue Statistics

  • PUBG Mobile was the second highest-grossing mobile game on Android and iOS platforms in 2023 with a revenue of $1.14 billion.
  • As of June 2023, PUBG Mobile surpassed $10 billion in revenue, making it the second highest grossing game of the past two years, behind Honor of Kings. (Sensor Tower)
  • According to Sensor Tower, PUBG Mobile has reached $9 billion in global player spending as of December 2022. The popular game generated $1.6 billion between January and September 2022, down 27% as compared to the same period in 2021.
  • In April 2022, PUBG Mobile was the second highest earning mobile game worldwide with approximately $218 million in gross revenue. (Sensor Tower)
  • As of May 2022, PubG Mobile surpassed $8 billion in worldwide player spending across Google Play and the App Store. (Sensor Tower)
  • In Q1 2022, PUBG Mobile generated $643 million in consumer spending across the App Store and Google Play.
  • As of December 2021, PUBG Mobile surpassed $7 billion in lifetime player spending worldwide. The title generated $8.1 million a day on average in 2021.
  • PUBG Mobile was 2021’s top revenue generating mobile game in Europe with $404.2 million in player spending, up 58.3% YoY, according to Sensor Tower.
  • In March 2021,  PUBG Mobile surpassed $5.1 billion in lifetime player spending as it accumulated $2.7 billion in 2020 alone.
  • As of July 2020, PUBG Mobile doubled its lifetime revenue to over $3 billion worldwide in seven months, 52% from China, 14% from the United States, and 5.6% from Japan. (Sensor Tower
  • In June 2020, PUBG Mobile made 79% of its revenue from the App Store and the remaining 21% from Google Play. (Sensor Tower)
  • In June 2020, PUBG Mobile generated $208.5 million in revenue with the increase of 10.8% year-on-year. (Pocket Gamer)
  • In May 2020, PUBG Mobile drove over $226 million in revenue. (The ESports Observer)
  • PUBG Mobile and its localized versions Game for Peace & Peacekeeper Elite generated a total of $1.3 billion on Google Play & Apple’s App Store. (Mobile Marketing Reads
  • PUBG Mobile saw an increase of 365% in global spending for the first week since the launch of the Royale Pass as compared to the prior 3 weeks. (The ESports Observer)

Most watched PUBG Mobile streamers on Twitch

Statistic: Most watched PUBG Mobile streamers on Twitch worldwide as of December 2021, by monthly viewership hours | Statista

Written by Sophie Blake


Leave a Reply

    4 Pings & Trackbacks

    1. Pingback:

    2. Pingback:

    3. Pingback:

    4. Pingback:

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


    Honor of Kings Revenue and Usage Statistics (2024)

    Exploring the Legends: The Most Popular Games of All Time