What is League of Legends?
Developed and published by Riot Games in 2009, League of Legends (aka LoL) is a teamwork multiplayer battle arena game where two teams of five powerful champions try to destroy each other’s bases.
It is an online game that combines the excitement of competitive strategy games with elements of role-playing games. League of Legends is a game that players of all skill levels can play for a long time without getting bored with its constantly diversified champions, frequently updated content and lively tournament environment.
League of Legends Developer: Riot Games
League of Legends Publisher: Riot Games
League of Legends Release Date: October 27, 2009
Also Read: Top Games Like League of Legends
What is Wild Rift?
League of Legends: Wild Rift is a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena mobile game developed and released by Riot Games in October 2020 for Android and iOS.
Wild Rift Developer: Riot Games
Wild Rift Publisher: Riot Games
League of Legends Wild Rift Release Date: October 27, 2020
League of Legends User Stats
- As of 2022, League of Legends has 180 million monthly active players, according to League Feed.
|Year||LoL Monthly Active Users|
- According to Playercounter, the number of concurrent League of Legends players on all devices was between 2 million and 3 million in February 2022.
- In February 2023, people watched 112 million hours of League of Legends gameplay on Twitch.
League of Legends Revenue Stats
|Year||League of Legends Revenue|
- As of July 2022, Riot Games’ mobile portfolio has accumulated $828 million.
- League of Legends generated $1.75 billion in revenue worldwide in 2020, becoming one of the top 10 revenue-generating free-to-play titles in 2020.
Wild Rift Revenue Stats (2023)
- As of August 2023, League of Legends: Wild Rift surpassed $ 1 billion in lifetime player spending, making it the 4th highest-grossing action MOBA game.
- In November 2022, League of Legends: Wild Rift generated $8.47 million in global revenues. (Statista)
- As of September 2022, Wild Rift generated more than $750 million in global player spending, with China ranking as the top revenue generator for the game. (Gamesindustry.biz)
- As of July 2022, League of Legends: Wild Rift surpassed $500 million in global player spending. The game ranked as the #2 revenue-generating MOBA in the first half of 2022, accumulating approximately $218 million. It is Riot Game’s third and most successful foray into the mobile industry. (Sensor Tower)
- As of July 2021, League of Legends: Wild Rift generated $64.7 million in global lifetime player spending, accounting for close to 60% of Riot’s mobile revenue.
Wild Rift User Stats (2023)
- As of August 2023, Wild Rift generated 111 million lifetime downloads across the App Store and Google Play.
- In November 2022, League of Legends Wild Rift generated around 880 thousand app downloads worldwide across the App Store and Google Play.
- From its launch in October 2020 to July 2021, Wild Rift racked up 46.3 million downloads globally.
Riot Games Revenue
- The revenue from Riot Games’ three mobile games (League of Legends: Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra) hit a new high in Q2 2021, generating a combined $36.5 million, up more than 50% from Q1 2021, and representing a 3.4 times increase year-over-year.
- According to Sensor Tower, Riot Games’ three mobile titles surpassed $100 million in combined player spending globally from the App Store and Google Play in July 2021.