What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is an online video game series developed by Epic Games, first released in 2017. Epic’s free-to-play battle royal game Fortnite has reached worldwide phenomenal success since its release. Chapter 2 – Season 3 was rolled out by Epic Games on 17th June.
Epic Games – Company Overview
|Headquarter||Cary, North Carolina|
|Platforms||PC, Mobile, Web, AR, VR, Console|
|Number of Employees||3900+|
|Founders||Tim Sweeney, Mark Rein|
|Crunchbase Profile||Profile Link|
|Google Play||Store Link|
|App Store||Store Link|
Fortnite Player Stats (2021)
Fortnite was removed from Apple’s App Store back in August 2020.
- In 2021, the number of registered Fortnite users was 350 million.
|Registered Fortnite Players|
- Fortnite announced that the game has 350 million registered players in April 2020. It was 250 million in March 2019. (Fortnite)
- As of May 2021, Fortnite was #2 most popular game of all time on Twitch, with more than 24.24 billion all time views worldwide.
- Fortnite events on the video streaming service Twitch were watched by an average of 131 thousand viewers in April 2021. (Statista)
- Fortnite players spent over 3.2 billion hours in the game in April 2020. (Fortnite)
Fortnite now has over 350 million registered players! In April, players spent over 3.2 billion hours in game. 🙌🥳— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 6, 2020
Let’s keep the party going with our Party Royale Premiere LIVE on May 8 at 9PM ET featuring @DillonFrancis @steveaoki @deadmau5: https://t.co/H18c3UgBL1 pic.twitter.com/Cgt3r7LXQO
- An average Fortnite player spends $102.42 in the game in 2020, increased by 21% as compared to 2018 data. (LendEDU)
- Fortnite has ranked #5 in the United States among the top grossing iOS mobile game apps on 13 August 2020 with an estimated daily revenue of $1,446,590. (Think Gaming)
- Fortnite has crossed $1 billion in lifetime player spending on Google Play and App Store. (SensorTower)
- Fortnite’s players worldwide spend $44.3 million in the game in April 2020. (SensorTower)
- In April 2020, average revenue per download was around $7.70. (SensorTower)
- Fortnite player spent $752 million on Android and iOS as of September 2019. (Statista)
Fortnite Revenue Stats
- According to documents revealed as part of Epic’s court battle with Apple, Fortnite brought in more than $9 billion total for Epic in 2018 and 2019. (The Verge)
- PlayStation 4 was the highest source of income from player spending in Fortnite at 47 per cent of all total revenue from March 2018 through July 2020. (PocketGamer)
- According to Sensor Tower, Fortnite’s total mobile revenue for 2020 was $1.1 billion.
Epic Games Revenue Statistics (2021)
- In 2020, video game publisher and software developer Epic Games generated approximately 5.1 billion U.S. dollars in gross revenues, up from 4.22 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year. (Statista)
- Fortnite-maker Epic Games completed a $1 billion funding round valuing the company at $28.7 billion in April 2021.
- Epic Games acquired Fall Guys maker Tonic Games Group in March 2021.
- Fortnite maker Epic Games announced in 6 August 2020 that they raised $1.78 billion at a $17.3 billion valuation (VentureBeat)
- 2020 revenue forecast is to be $5 billion, with $1 billion EBITDA. 2019 revenue was $4.2 billion. (VentureBeat)
- In July 2020, Sony invested $250 million in Fortnite maker Epic Games (Forbes)