Zoom – Company Overview
|Headquarter||San Jose, California|
|Platforms||Mobile, PC, Tablets, Room Systems|
|Number of Employees||3500+|
|Founder||Eric S. Yuna|
|Crunchbase Profile||Profile Link|
|Google Play||App Store Link|
|Apple App Store||App Store Link|
Zoom User & Usage Stats (2023)
- At the end of the fourth quarter of 2022, Zoom reached approximately 213,000 enterprise customers, an increase of 12% year-over-year.
- At the end of Q4 2022, Zoom had 3,471 customers who had contributed more than $100,000 in revenue over the previous 12 months, an increase of almost 27% over the same period the previous fiscal year.
Also Read: Robinhood Revenue and Usage Statistics
Zoom Revenue Statistics (2023)
- For the fourth quarter of 2022, Zoom revenue was $1,117.8 million, up 4% year over year. The full fiscal 2023 total revenue was $4,393.0 million, up 7% year over year.
- For the first quarter of 2023, Zoom expects to reach between $1.080 billion and $1.085 billion in total revenue.
- GAAP (loss) from operations for the fourth quarter was $(129.9) million, compared to GAAP income from operations of $251.8 million in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2022.
- GAAP net (loss) attributable to common stockholders for the fourth quarter was $(104.1) million, or $(0.36) per share, compared to GAAP net income attributable to common stockholders of $490.5 million, or $1.60 per share in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2022.
- Fourth quarter Enterprise revenue was $636.1 million, up 18% year over year, while full fiscal year Enterprise revenue was $2,409.3 million, up 24% year over year.
|2022 – Q4||$1,117.8 million|
|2022 – Q3||$1,102 million|
|2022 – Q2||$1,099 million|
|2022 – Q1||$1,074 million|
|2021 – Q4||$1,071.4 million|
|2021 – Q3||$1,050.8 million|
|2021 – Q2||$1,021.5 million|
|2021 – Q1||$956.2 million|
|2020 – Q4||$882.5 million|
|2020 – Q3||$777.2 million|
|2020 – Q2||$663.5 million|
|2020 – Q1||$328.2 million|
|2019 – Q4||$188.3 million|
|2019 – Q3||$166.6 million|
|2019 – Q2||$145.8 million|
|2019 – Q1||$122 million|
What is Zoom App?
Zoom Cloud Meetings is a cloud-based video conferencing app helping individuals, businesses, and organizations set up video and audio conferencing across PCs, smartphones, and room systems. Zoom app is among the most popular video conferencing apps with its video and audio quality.
Google Meet vs. Zoom
Being used by millions of users each month worldwide, Google Meet and Zoom Cloud Meetings have similar features at their core but they also have different advantages and disadvantages over another.
Privacy and Security: One of the prominent competitive advantages of Google Meet is its features about protecting users’ privacy and security. Both Google Meet and Zoom don’t have end-to-end encryption but apparently Google Meet has much more security measures than Zoom.
Pricing: Both video conferencing tools provide free plans with some limitations.
Zoom’s free (Basic) plan allows maximum 100 participants to host and 40 minutes limit on group meetings with 3 to 100 participants.
The Zoom Pro plan costs $14.99 per month per host, includes 100 participants and allows meetings up to 24 hours. The Pro plan allows purchase up to 9 hosts per account and it is basically enough for small teams.
The Business Plan costs $18.99 a month per host and it allows 300 participants, custom url for companies (e.g. mobilemarketingreads.zoom.com), company branding, custom emails and more. It starts at 10 hosts for $199.9 monthly.
Google Meet Basic Plan costs $6 per month allowing up to 100 participants. Zoom users don’t have to pay for inviting up to 100 participants. The Business Plan which costs $12 per user per month allows up to 150 participants while the $18 a month Business Plus plan allows up to 500 participants.
Productivity: While both platforms are integrated with Google services including Google Drive, Calendar, and Chrome, Zoom Cloud Meetings app is one step ahead on productivity. It allows conducting polls, sharing whiteboards, and provides webinar add-on.
Both Zoom and Google Meet support up to 720p HD video, call recordings, screen sharing, and group messaging and both are available on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.