Launch Date: 12 November 2019
Disney+ Owner: The Walt Disney Company
Headquarter: New York
Disney+ Subscriber Statistics (2023)
- For the last quarter of 2022 ( Q1 FY2023), Disney+ reported $161.8 million worldwide subscribers, down 2.4 million from 164.2 million subscribers in the previous quarter.
*Disney’s fiscal year ends late September of corresponding year
|Period (FY)||Disney+ Subscribers|
|Q4 2022||161.8 million|
|Q3 2022||164.2 million|
|Q2 2022||152.1 million|
|Q1 2022||137.9 million|
|Q4 2021||118 million|
|Q3 2021||116 million|
|Q2 2021||103.6 million|
|Q1 2021||94.9 million|
|Q4 2020||73.3 million|
|Q3 2020||57.5 million|
|Q2 2020||33.5 million|
|Q1 2020||26.5 million|
- In Q1 2022, Disney+ was among the top video streaming apps with 17% of market share of monthly active users. The app is rapidly increasing its monthly active user share and ranks third in the first quarter of 2022 despite only launching in Q4 2019. It also had 17% of market share of US installs in Q1 2022.
- For the second quarter of 2022, Disney+ subscriptions grew 14.4 million to 152.1 million, topping analysts’ expectations of 147 million.
- For Q1 2022, The Walt Disney Company reported 7.9 million increase of Disney+ subscribers, bringing the total to 137.9 million subscribers.
- In the fourth quarter of 2021, Disney+ reached 118 million subscribers.
- As of the end of fiscal 2021, across Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, Disney reported a total of 179 million subscribers.
- As of the fiscal third quarter of 2021, across Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, Disney reported a total of 174 million subscribers.
- Analysts predict Disney+ subscribers will number between 230 million and 260 million by 2024.
- In the first 2 months of its launch, Disney+ mobile apps were downloaded approximately 41 million times across Google Play and the App Store and generated an estimated $97.2 million in user spending.
|Disney+ App Downloads|
|H1 2021||125 million|
|H2 2020||100 million|
|H1 2020||50 million|
Disney+ Revenue Statistics (2023)
+ In January 2022, Disney+ surpassed $2 billion in lifetime global consumer spending across the app store.
+ For the last quarter of 2022, Disney+ parent company The Walt Disney Company reported its total revenue grew by 8% Y/Y to $23.5 billion.
+ For Q4 2022, the average monthly revenue per paid subscriber for Disney+ (excluding Disney+ Hotstar) was $5.62, down 4% from Q3 2022.
|Period (FY)||Disney+ ARPU|
+ In the fiscal Q4, the average monthly revenue per paid subscriber (ARPU) for Disney+ decreased from $4.52 to $4.12.
+ In the fiscal Q3, the average monthly revenue per paid subscriber (ARPU) for Disney+ fell to $4.16 from $4.62 a year earlier.
What is Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is an on-demand, over-the-top streaming service launched by The Walt Disney Company in November 2019.
With Disney Plus, which provides the opportunity to access content anytime and anywhere with unlimited downloads, subscribers can watch thousands of Disney movies and series on their devices, including smart TVs, phones, laptops, tablets and game consoles.
It provides content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, 20th Century Fox and more.
How much does Disney Plus cost?
Disney Plus costs $7.99 a month or $79.99 a year.
How much is the Disney Plus bundle?
Disney Plus bundle is a package that includes subscriptions to Disney Plus, ESPN Plus and Hulu.
The Disney Bundle is available with Hulu (Ad-supported) for $13.99 per month or with Hulu (No Ads) for $19.99 per month, bringing a $6 discount on the combined price of all three services.
What is Premier Access on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus Premier Access is a purchase option that allows Disney subscribers to gain early access to a movie which is still playing in theaters for an extra $30 one-time fee.
Disney Plus Available Countries
Currently Disney Plus is available in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, France, India, Belgium, Australia, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom, Ireland, Isle of Man, Monaco, Wallis and Futuna, French West Indies, French Guiana, New Caledonia, Japan, Indonesia, Latin America, Réunion, Mayotte, and Mauritius.