Shopee, a Singapore-based e-commerce platform serving Southeast Asia and Taiwan, is among the biggest players in the markets it is active in. The parent company of Shopee, which was launched in Singapore in 2015, is Sea. Founded by Forrest Li, the company had revenue of $1.52 billion in the first quarter of 2022.
|Founded Date||February 5, 2015|
|Platforms||Web, iOS, Android|
|Crunchbase Profile||Profile Link|
Shopee Revenue Statistics (2023)
Shopee revenue data is derived from the total e-commerce revenue that Sea reports quarterly.
- Shopee revenue for Q4 2022 was $2.1 billion, up 31.8% year-on-year. Adjusted EBITDA for Shopee overall turned positive to $196.1 million, as compared to $(877.7) million for Q4 2021. (SEA)
- Annual Shopee revenue for 2022 was $7.3 billion, up 42.3% year-over-year. Adjusted EBITDA for the full year was $(1.7) billion, up 33.8% as compared to $(2.6) billion for the full year 2021.
+ Shopee’s parent company Sea reported a revenue of $3.5 billion for the fourth quarter of 2022, up 7.1% year-on-year.
+ Sea revenue for the full year 2022 was $12.4 billion, an increase of 25.1% year-over-year.
|Year||Sea Annual Revenue (Adjusted)|
Shopee Usage Statistics (2023)
- In the fourth quarter of 2022, gross Shopee orders totaled 1.7 billion as compared to 2 billion for the fourth quarter of 2021.
- Gross orders for the full year 2022 totaled 7.6 billion, an increase of 23.7% year-over-year.
- For Q2 2022, in Southeast Asia overall, Indonesia and Taiwan respectively, Shopee continued to rank first in the Shopping category by average monthly active users and total time spent in app for the second quarter of 2022, according to data.ai.
- Globally, Shopee was the top ranked app on Google Play in the Shopping category by total time spent in app and second by average monthly active users in the second quarter of 2022.