What is Tinder?
Tinder is the most popular mobile dating app in the world letting users meet new people, meet locals while traveling, and expand their social network.
How does Tinder work?
If a user swipe right, it means a like in Tinder. Swipe left means passing a person because the user doesn’t want to meet. If someone likes a user back, it means “Match”. In Tinder’s algorithm two people only “match” if they have a common interest. After matching, users can start chatting. Users can unmatch someone or report a match with a reason to make a match disappear from their match list. However, after unmatching someone, users cannot undo this action because it is permanent.
What is Tinder ‘Top Picks’?
Available for Tinder Gold and Tinder Platinum, Top Pics is a premium feature where users are shown the set of the most swipe-worthy potential matches. Free and Tinder Plus users receive only one Top Pick per day while Gold and Platinum users are provided with a set of Top Picks that is available for 24 hours. Top Picks profiles are refreshed every 24 hours with a new set of profiles.
What is Tinder Gold?
Tinder Gold is a type of premium subscription where Tinder users are allowed to:
- Top Picks
- Rewind, where users can take back their last Like or Pass to avoid an accidental pass
- 5 Super Likes Daily, where a potential match appears in his/her cardstack with a bright blue border and star
- See who likes a user before he/she like or pass
- Ad-free experience
- Unlimited Likes
- Passport to match with others from around the world
- 1 Boost a month, where a user can be a top profile in his/her area for 30 minutes
What is Tinder Plus?
Tinder Plus is a premium subscription where Tinder users have:
- Ad-free usage
- Passport feature for worldwide matching
- Rewind to take back an accidental pass
- 5 Super Likes a day to be featured on a potential match’s cardstack
- 1 Boost monthly for being featured in a user’s area
- Unlimited Likes
- Daily Top Picks
- See who Likes You before a user like or pass
What is Tinder Platinum?
In Tinder Platinum, a user is allowed for:
- Prioritizing likes with Priority Likes features by showing Likes and Super Likes to a potential match before the likes of non-subscribers
- Daily Top Picks
- Unlimited Likes
- No ads
- Passport feature for matching worldwide
- 5 Super Likes a day
- 1 Boost monthly
- Rewind feature
- Messaging before matching by attaching a message to a Super Like
- Seeing who Likes You before a user like or pass
Tinder – Company Overview
|Headquarter||Los Angeles, California|
|Offices||Dublin, Dallas, Seattle|
|Number of Employees||680+|
|Founders||Christopher Gulczynski, Dinesh Moorjani, Jonathan Badeen, Justin Mateen, Sean Rad|
|Crunchbase Profile||Profile Link|
|Google Play||App Store Link|
|App Store||App Store Link|
Tinder User & Usage Stats (2022)
– In 2021, Tinder remained the market leader by far, ranking #1 for downloads in all 8 Americas markets, 6 of 13 APAC markets, and 5 of 7 EMEA markets.
– As of May 2021, Tinder was the most downloaded dating app in the world, with more than 6.5 million monthly downloads. (Statista)
– Tinder reached 10.6 million annual paid subscribers at the end of 2021, up from 8.2 million in 2020.
– As of March 2021, 76% of US Tinder users on the Android platform were male (Statista)
– As of the fourth quarter of 2020, Tinder reached to more than 6.7 million average subscribers. (Match)
– Tinder, with 66 million average monthly active users, dominated the dating market worldwide with 53.8% of the market share during the last quarter 2020, according to analytics firm Apptopia. (Reuters)
– As of August 2020, Tinder is the number one dating app worldwide preferred by adults (SKYN)
– As of May 2020, It is the most popular dating app in Google Play with 3.24 million global monthly downloads. (Priori Data)
– As of June 2020, 72% of Tinder users on Android in the United States is male. (App Ape)
– As of June 2020, 37.5% of Tinder users in the U.S. are using the app on a daily basis. (App Ape)
– As of June 2020, 34.7% of Tinder users on Android in the U.S. are actively using the app ⅓ of a month. (App Ape)
– The number of paid Tinder subscribers was 6.03 million in the first quarter of 2020, up 2.25% as compared to the last quarter of 2019. (Statista)
– In April 2020, daily average Swipes coming from female users under the age of 30 increased by 37% compared to the last week of February. (Match Group)
– Tinder sparks 26 million matches every day in 2020.
– Since its launch, Tinder has sparked 30 billion matches.
– As of 2020, Tinder is available in 190+ countries. (Tinder)
– Daily first-time subscribers increased by 1% in April 2020. (Match Group)
– Tinder Google Play Usage Rank in the United States as of August 17 is 9. (Similar Web).
- Tinder App Store Rank in categories in the United States as of August 17 (Similar Web)
Tinder Revenue Statistics (2022)
Tinder generated nearly $1.7 billion in Direct Revenue in 2021, up 22% over 2020, with year-over-year growth above 20% in each of the last three quarters of the year. Tinder Direct Revenue was $1.4 billion for the full 2020, an 18% increase year-over-year. (Match)
|Q4 2021||$439 million|
|Q3 2021||$425 million|
|Q2 2021||$399 million|
|Q1 2021||$387 million|
|Q4 2020||$358 million|
|Q3 2020||$351 million|
|Q2 2020||$305 million|
|Q1 2020||$299 million|
|Q4 2019||$295 million|
|Q3 2019||$286 million|
|Q2 2019||$263 million|
|Q1 2019||$245 million|
|Q4 2018||$233 million|
|Q3 2018||$226 million|
|Q2 2018||$214 million|
|Q1 2018||$207 million|
– Tinder maintained its dominance in consumer spending, with a record-breaking $1.35 billion in consumer spending in 2021, up 35% year-over-year.
– Within the second quarter of 2020, Tinder’s revenue grew 15% year-over-year, driven by 18% average subscribers growth to 6.2 million, partially offset by 2% decline in ARPU. (Match Group)
– At the end of the first quarter of 2020, Tinder revenue grew by 31% year-over-year, with 28% y-over-y growth in Average Subscribers and 2% ARPU growth. (Match Group)
– Within 2019, Tinder brought $1.2 billion in revenue. (Match Group)