Tinder – Company Overview
|Headquarter||Los Angeles, California|
|Offices||Dublin, Dallas, Seattle|
|Number of Employees||680+|
|Founders||Christopher Gulczynski, Dinesh Moorjani, Jonathan Badeen, Justin Mateen, Sean Rad|
|Crunchbase Profile||Profile Link|
|Google Play||App Store Link|
|App Store||App Store Link|
Tinder User & Usage Stats (2022)
– For the full year 2022, Tinder’s paying subscribers reached to 10.9 billion, up 10% year-over-year.
– In September 2022, Tinder accumulated 6.2 million app installs worldwide across the App Store and Google Play, according to Statista.
– In 2021, Tinder remained the market leader by far, ranking #1 for downloads in all 8 Americas markets, 6 of 13 APAC markets, and 5 of 7 EMEA markets.
– As of March 2021, 76% of US Tinder users on the Android platform were male (Statista)
– Since its launch, Tinder has sparked 30 billion matches.
– Tinder is available in 190+ countries. (Tinder)
Tinder Revenue Statistics (2023)
– Tinder’s direct revenue was $1.79 billion in 2022, up 9% year-over-year. The dating app’s revenue for Q4 2022 was $444.2 million, up 0.5%.
– In the third quarter of 2022, Tinder revenue amounted to $460.2 million, up 6% year-over-year.
– In September 2022, Tinder’s worldwide in-app purchase revenue across the App Store and Google Play was nearly $76.45 million, with North and Latin America accounting for the largest share of the revenue.
– Tinder generated nearly $1.7 billion in Direct Revenue in 2021, up 22% over 2020, with year-over-year growth above 20% in each of the last three quarters of the year. Tinder Direct Revenue was $1.4 billion for the full 2020, an 18% increase year-over-year. (Match)
– Tinder maintained its dominance in consumer spending, with a record-breaking $1.35 billion in consumer spending in 2021, up 35% year-over-year.
What is Tinder?
Tinder is the most popular mobile dating app in the world letting users meet new people, meet locals while traveling, and expand their social network.
How does Tinder work?
If a user swipe right, it means a like in Tinder. Swipe left means passing a person because the user doesn’t want to meet. If someone likes a user back, it means “Match”. In Tinder’s algorithm two people only “match” if they have a common interest. After matching, users can start chatting. Users can unmatch someone or report a match with a reason to make a match disappear from their match list. However, after unmatching someone, users cannot undo this action because it is permanent.
What is Tinder ‘Top Picks’?
Available for Tinder Gold and Tinder Platinum, Top Pics is a premium feature where users are shown the set of the most swipe-worthy potential matches. Free and Tinder Plus users receive only one Top Pick per day while Gold and Platinum users are provided with a set of Top Picks that is available for 24 hours. Top Picks profiles are refreshed every 24 hours with a new set of profiles.
What is Tinder Gold?
Tinder Gold is a type of premium subscription where Tinder users are allowed to:
+ Top Picks
+ Rewind, where users can take back their last Like or Pass to avoid an accidental pass
+ 5 Super Likes Daily, where a potential match appears in his/her cardstack with a bright blue border and star
+ See who likes a user before he/she like or pass
+ Ad-free experience
+ Unlimited Likes
+ Passport to match with others from around the world
+ 1 Boost a month, where a user can be a top profile in his/her area for 30 minutes
What is Tinder Plus?
Tinder Plus is a premium subscription where Tinder users have:
- Ad-free usage
- Passport feature for worldwide matching
- Rewind to take back an accidental pass
- 5 Super Likes a day to be featured on a potential match’s cardstack
- 1 Boost monthly for being featured in a user’s area
- Unlimited Likes
- Daily Top Picks
- See who Likes You before a user like or pass
What is Tinder Platinum?
In Tinder Platinum, a user is allowed for:
- Prioritizing likes with Priority Likes features by showing Likes and Super Likes to a potential match before the likes of non-subscribers
- Daily Top Picks
- Unlimited Likes
- No ads
- Passport feature for matching worldwide
- 5 Super Likes a day
- 1 Boost monthly
- Rewind feature
- Messaging before matching by attaching a message to a Super Like
- Seeing who Likes You before a user like or pass