Founded in 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Paytm is one of the biggest digital payments and financial services companies in India offering full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. Owned by One97 Communications, Paytm filed for an IPO back in July 2021 and went public in November, making it India’s biggest-ever tech IPO.
- Founded Date: August 2010
- Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Parent Company: One97 Communications
- IPO Date: November 2021
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Website: https://paytm.com/
Paytm Revenue Statistics (2023)
- Paytm confirmed on December 13, 2022 that it would spend up to $103 million, or $127 million inclusive of all taxes and other expenses, to buy back its equity shares. (Paytm)
- For the first quarter of 2023, Paytm revenue was $285.7 million, an increase of 13.2% year-over-year.
- Paytm revenue for the financial year ending March 2023 was $977.9 million, up from $644.4 million from a year ago. In Q4 of FY 2023, according to Paytm, it provided loans totaling $1.5 billion and had 9.3 million borrowers on its platform.