What is Clash Royale?
Released in March 2, 2016 by Supercell, Clash Royale is a free-to-play multiplayer real-time strategy game that stars the Royales from Clash of Clans and includes elements from different game genres like online battle arena and tower defense.
The popular mobile game, which earned $1 billion in revenue in the year it was released alone, is the highest-grossing production of Finnish mobile game publisher Supercell after Clash of Clans.
- Clash Royale Developer: Supercell
- Publisher: Supercell
- Release Date: March 2, 2016
What type of game is Clash Royale?
Basically a real-time multiplayer strategy game, Clash Royale is a popular game that also includes online battle arena, card games and tower defense elements. In the game, which is similar to Clash of Clans, players collect and develop dozens of cards featuring characters, spells and defensive mechanics from Clash of Clans troops and face off against their opponents in real-time multiplayer game mode.
Clash Royale Revenue Statistics (2023)
- As pf August 2023, Clash Royale joined the $4B club. The popular game reached the milestone in 92 months.
- In the full year 2022, Clash Royale generated $224.61 million worldwide.
- As of the beginning of 2022, Supercell’s cumulative revenues to date from Clash Royale and Clash of Clans grossed over $10 billion. (VentureBeat)
- In 2021, Clash Royale developer Supercell revenue was $2.24 billion.
- In July 2020, over four years after its release, Clash Royale generated $3 billion in lifetime revenue, making it one of the top-grossing mobile games for the year. (Sensor Tower)
- In its first year, Clash Royale revenue surpassed $1 billion.
Clash Royale Player Statistics (2023)
- In June 2022, Clash Royale was among the leading iPhone games in the App Store worldwide with more than 758 million daily active users.
- According to Statista, since its launch, as of February 2023, Clash Royale has generated 583 million lifetime downloads, of which around 72.35 million originated in the United States.
- In 2022, Clash Royale was Supercell’s most popular app with approximately 55.3 million downloads across the App Store and Google Play.