What is Brawl Stars?
The fast-paced 3v3 multiplayer and battle royale Brawl Stars, which was launched in 2017 and made an impact with the wide audience it reached in 2018-2019, is an important competitor to Supercell’s most popular game, Clash Royal.
The game, which received 5 million pre-registers on the day the game was launched in 2017, already had a revenue of $6 million before the global launch.
The gameplay of Brawl Stars is very simple and well suited for mobile gaming: there are only two main actions one can perform: move and attack.
- Release Date: June 14, 2017
- Developer: Supercell
- Publisher: Supercell
Brawl Stars Revenue Statistics (2023)
- As of September 2023, Brawl Stars has surpassed $2 billion in global player spending across the App Store and Google Play, according to data.ai.
- In December 2022, Brawl Stars generated around $17.06 million in global in-app revenues, down from $25.17 million in the corresponding period of 2021.
- As of December 2021, Brawl Stars generated $1.4 billion in lifetime player spending worldwide. The US ranks top in terms of revenue, accounting for $209.7 million in player spending, or about 15% of the total, followed by South Korea and Germany.
- As of the beginning of 2021, Supercell’s popular title surpassed $1 billion in lifetime revenue. The popular multiplayer game generated approximately $526 million from user spending in 2020 with a 27.5% year-over-year growth joining the list of Supercell’s billion-dollar games which includes Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, and Hay Day.
- In 2022, Brawl Stars developer Supercell reported revenue of $1.87 billion and annual earnings of $666 million.
Brawl Stars Player Statistics (2023)
- As of August 2023, Brawl Stars’ lifetime downloads reached 376 million across the App Store and Google Play.
- In December 2021, MrBeast’s Squid Game recreation video sparked a 4.5X increase in Brawl Stars’ US downloads.
- In 2022, Brawl Stars was Supercell’s #3 most popular app with approximately 45.3 million combined downloads across the Apple App Store and Google Play worldwide.
- As of December 2021, Brawl Stars generated 324 million installs worldwide, with Russia ranking the top with 38.6 million downloads, followed by Brazil and Turkey.