Genshin Impact generates nearly $400 million in first two months

Source: Sensor Tower

miHoYo’s popular action role playing game Genshin Impact has generated $393 million in the first two months following its release, according to Sensor Tower. 

The Breath of the Wild-inspired title of the Chinese developer was first launched on September 28th 2020, and miHoYo has been reportedly making $6 million a day from Genshin Impact. 

During its first week, Genshin Impact generated over $60 million and it rose to $100 million by the end of its second week. Furthermore, the game generated $245 million from player spendings in its first month and another $148 million in its second month.

Also Read: Genshin Impact Revenue And Usage Statistics (2020)

According to Sensor Tower data, the most lucrative market during the first two months of Genshin Impact was China where the game generated around $120 million which equals to 30.5% of its total revenue. 

Outside of China, the title generated around $273 million, with Japan at No.2 accounting for $98 million (25% of total revenue), followed by the U.S. at No.3 with around $74 million (18.8%). 

The data also shows that Apple’s App Store accounted for 57.5% or $226 million of Genshin Impact’s total revenue while Google Play Store accounted for the remaining $167 million. (42.5%).

Since its launch in September, Genshin Impact has been the 5th top grossing mobile game in China, Japan, the U.S. and also in South Korea. 

At the same time, it’s been the second top grossing mobile game worldwide followed by Honor of Kings which hit 100 million daily active users last month and PUBG Mobile which surpassed $3.5 billion in lifetime revenue in September. 

Also Read: PUBG Mobile Revenue And Usage Statistics (2020)

Genshin Impact has been recently chosen as the Best iPhone Game of the Year by Apple and it is also the winner of the 2020 Best Android Game Award presented by Google Play. 

Check out all the winners of App Store Best of 2020.

Check out all the winners of Google Play’s Best of 2020 Awards.

Written by Jordan Bevan


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Apple announces the best App Store apps and games of 2020

Huawei releases Google Maps competitor ‘Petal Maps’ on AppGallery