Starting February 23rd, Snapchat users will be able to change their usernames through the iOS and Android app. The company has been testing the highly requested and long-awaited name change option for a while.
Stating that the username change will not affect the features of users’ accounts such as friend lists, Snap codes, Snap scores, and memories, Snap Inc. warns users that the name change can only be made once a year.
How to Change Snapchat Username
Starting February 23, you can change your Snapchat username by following the steps below.
– Tap the Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner of the Camera to head to the profile section
– Select ‘Settings’ by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner of the profile
– Click on ‘Username’, just below ‘Name’, and select ‘Change Username’ marked in blue
– You then click ‘Continue’ on the pop up reminding that Usernames can only be changed once per year
– Type in a new Username, and hit ‘Next’
Snapchat also announced yesterday that it has partnered with Ticketmaster to allow Snapchatters to discover live events with their friends, using Snap Map. Through Ticketmaster’s Ticketmatcher Mini, Snapchatters can now share their favorite artists and genres, and match with events near them based on their personal preferences. From there, they can swipe left or right to browse, and the Mini will keep track of what they’ve saved.