Zynga closes its acquisition of hyper-casual mobile game company Rollic

Zynga, first announced that it had entered into an agreement to acquire Istanbul-based hyper-casual game maker Rollic in August, has closed the acquisition of Rollic. 

As per the agreement, Zynga purchased 80% of Rollic for around $180 million in cash. The remaining 20% will be acquired over the next three years. 

Burak Vardal, Founder and CEO of Rollic, said “We are memorably excited to be joining Zynga, a perfect home for Rollic’s culture and core values.”

“In this new chapter, Zynga and Rollic will bring together a massive production power filled with creativity, quality and extremely talented teams. We’re devoted to reflect the potential energy of this joining by creating the next generation of mobile gaming.”

Rollic’s games have reached more than 250 million downloads, 5 million daily active users, and 65 million monthly active users so far. 

In conjunction with the acquisition of Rollic, Zynga made its fourth acquisition in Istanbul. The company acquired Peak Games for $1.8 billion ($900 million in cash and $900 million in Zynga stock) a couple of months ago. 

“We’re thrilled to welcome Rollic and its incredibly talented team, along with its extensive network of developers, to Zynga,” said Frank Gibeau, CEO of Zynga.

“Rollic brings Zynga into the world of hyper-casual, which is one of the most exciting and fastest growing mobile gaming categories. Rollic’s large and diversified audience base will also be valuable for Zynga as the mobile games and advertising landscape continues to grow.”

Zynga had reported the highest revenue in the company’s history for its second quarter, hitting $452 million, increased by 47% as compared with $306.5 million for the previous year.

Written by Jordan Bevan


Leave a Reply

    One Ping

    1. Pingback:

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


    Microsoft and Nintendo partner to bring Minecraft to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

    Google Delays Play Store’s 30% Cut In India After Startups Complain