Zynga has agreed to buy hyper-casual mobile game firm Rollic for $168 million

After acquiring Peak Games for $1.8 billion in June, Zynga now enters into agreement to acquire Istanbul based hyper casual game studio Rollic for $168 million.

Rollic is a hyper-casual mobile game studio founded by Burak Vardal, Mehmet Can Yavuz, and Deniz Basaran in 2018 in Istanbul, Turkey. Zynga will acquire 80% of Rolic for $168 million Rollic, whose games have more than 250 million downloads, 5 million DAUs, and 65 million MAUs. The company will acquire the remaining 20% of Rollic over the next three years at prices based on specific profitability goals.

Burak Vardal, Founder and CEO of Rollic said:

The Rollic team is proud to be joining Zynga. Our expertise in hyper-casual is a seamless fit for Zynga’s proficiency in product management, data science, ad monetization and world-class publishing. With Rollic’s robust slate of existing and new hyper-casual games joining Zynga’s portfolio, we look forward to advancing our collective mission to connect the world through games.

Zynga posted the highest revenue in the company’s history for its second quarter, hitting $452 million, up 47% as compared with $306.5 million for the previous year.

Frank Gibeau, CEO of Zynga said:

“We are excited to expand into the hyper-casual category with the acquisition of Rollic, one of the fastest growing hyper-casual developers and publishers worldwide in 2020, led by an incredibly creative team. With Rollic, we are meaningfully growing our audience, expanding and diversifying our global advertising business, and adding to our game pipeline and developer network. Zynga and Rollic are well-positioned to grow faster together.”

Written by Jordan Bevan


Leave a Reply

    4 Pings & Trackbacks

    1. Pingback:

    2. Pingback:

    3. Pingback:

    4. Pingback:

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


    Best Android Games: Fruit Clinic

    Youtube Bans 2596 Chinese Accounts To Combat Coordinated Influence Operations