Twitter’s general amnesty for suspended accounts starts next week, Musk says

Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk announced on Thursday that the social media company will begin restoring suspended accounts starting next week.

The billionaire created a Twitter poll on Wednesday, asking users if they think the company should offer a general amnesty to suspended accounts on conditions that they haven’t violated the law or engaged in extremely spam activities.

Within 24 hours, the poll received a total of 3,162,112 votes, with 72.4% of users saying ‘’Yes’’ and the remaining 27.6% choosing ‘’No’’.

“The people have spoken. Amnesty begins next week,” Musk said after the end of the poll, adding the Latin phrase ‘’Vox Populi, Vox Dei’’, which means “the voice of the people is the voice of God”.

Musk also recently reinstalled the account of former U.S. President Donald Trump after running another poll last weekend. Other accounts that have been restored after he completed the $44 billion acquisition and became the new Twitter CEO include those of Kanye West, conservative Christian news satire Babylon Bee, and clinical psychologist and author Jordan Peterson.

In addition to the general amnesty, Musk also said they’ll be relaunching Twitter’s Blue Verified subscription plan on next Friday. Earlier this week, he said that he was holding off the relaunch of the controversial plan ‘’until there is high confidence of stopping impersonation’’.

Written by Tuna Cetin


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


India is closing in on China in mobile gaming -report

Global Android retention down 10% as iOS retention remains stable -AppsFlyer