Pokémon GO hits $4.2 billion in global player spending

Niantic’s popular location-based adventure title Pokémon GO has generated close to $4.2 billion in player spending globally, according to Sensor Tower. $1 billion of this lifetime revenue was generated in 2020, making 2020 the best year of the game. The global player spending of Pokémon GO in the first ten month of 2020 increased by 11% as compared to the total player spending in 2019. 

Following PUBG Mobile and Honor of Kings, Pokémon GO has ranked #3 in global player spending in 2020. 

The United States has become the biggest market of Pokémon GO in player spending with $1.5 billion revenue or 36.3% of total spending according to Sensor Tower, followed by Japan with $1.3 billion and Germany with $238,6 million. 

When it comes to app stores, Google Play has accounted for 53.4% of total player spending with $2.2 billion, while the App Store has accounted for the remaining 46.6%. Pokémon GO has generated 466 million of its downloads from Google Play, while the App Store accounts for around 132 million downloads.  

On July 25 and 26, during Pokémon GO Fest 2020, players from 124 countries and regions caught 1 billion Pokémon and spent $17.5 million.  

Written by Jordan Bevan


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


TikTok creators got a judge to block the TikTok ban in the U.S.

Baby Shark becomes the most-watched YouTube video of all time