Apple announced that it is delaying the deadline for some requirements that it previously said to take effect on January 31st.
The deadline of the in-app account deletion requirement, asking app developers to let users start the process of deleting their accounts from within the app, has been postponed to 30 June 2022. “Due to the complexity of implementing this requirement, we’ve extended the deadline to June 30, 2022 to give you more time.” the company said.
Apple explained the requirement as follows:
– The account deletion option should be easy to find in your app.
– It’s insufficient to only provide the ability to temporarily disable or deactivate an account. People should be able to delete the account along with their personal data.
– Apps in highly-regulated industries may need to provide additional support flows to confirm and facilitate the account deletion process.
– Follow applicable legal requirements for storing and retaining user account information.
– This includes complying with local laws in different countries or regions. As always, check with your legal counsel.
Apple also announced that the deadline for online group event in-app purchases also extended to June 30, 2022. In 2020, Apple allowed apps that offer real-time group services to use payment methods other than in-app purchases to help businesses adapt to the pandemic. Citing the recent resurgence of COVID, the company announced that it has extended this exception till June 30, 2022.
Last week, Apple also announced that developers can now create custom codes in App Store Connect – each with a unique name.