Soft launch of a mobile game is where game publishers test their apps in selected countries. It is a very common technique among game publishers before hard launch in order to have a chance to:
- Acquire first users for a much less cost than hard launch
- Collect feedback from real users from selected countries
- Find out and fix in-app bugs, performance issues, problems in user experience
- Test metadata (app icon, app screenshots, app preview video, etc.) and ad elements (ad creatives, CTA, etc.) to see and understand and interpret conversion.
- Understand the main metrics before global launch including CPI, Retention Rate, and more.
- Collect insights and cues about the global launch marketing strategy (deciding on the countries, optimizing mobile ad elements and bids, etc)
- Test app monetization strategy to make improvements and optimizations
- Decide if the game should be killed or hard launched
For a successful soft launch campaign:
- Time period for the campaign should be pre-determined.
- Metrics mobile marketers and app developers want to test should be tracked carefully.
- Country and the game category need to be determined.
- Target audience should be worked closely.
- Ad creatives and CTAs should be created and tested frequently.
Get Featured On Mobile Marketing Reads!
We help companies in the mobile marketing ecosystem to reach a qualified, engaged audience for branding, thought leadership,and lead-generation.
LATEST MOBILE MARKETING NEWS
Pinterest announced that it has ended the Creator Rewards program that allows creators to make money for creating original Idea Pins in response to monthly reward goals created by the platform. “The Creator Rewards program will end on November 30, 2022. To all the creators who participated, thank you for your partnership. We’re committed to […] More
In an effort to avoid Apple’s controversial 30% App Store fee, Twitter might not offer its Blue subscription plan as an in-app purchase to iOS users when it relaunches, Platformer reported. (via TheVerge). The service, which will now be required for those that want to have a blue check mark, was initially launched earlier this […] More
Are any Star Wars fans here? We have reviewed and listed the Star Wars concept and themed games that Star Wars fans will love to play. Here are the best Star Wars games for Android! Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Price: Free/In-App Purchase: Up to $99.99 Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a fantastic turn-based […] More