Soft launch of a mobile game is where game publishers test their apps in selected countries. It is a very common technique among game publishers before hard launch in order to have a chance to:
- Acquire first users for a much less cost than hard launch
- Collect feedback from real users from selected countries
- Find out and fix in-app bugs, performance issues, problems in user experience
- Test metadata (app icon, app screenshots, app preview video, etc.) and ad elements (ad creatives, CTA, etc.) to see and understand and interpret conversion.
- Understand the main metrics before global launch including CPI, Retention Rate, and more.
- Collect insights and cues about the global launch marketing strategy (deciding on the countries, optimizing mobile ad elements and bids, etc)
- Test app monetization strategy to make improvements and optimizations
- Decide if the game should be killed or hard launched
For a successful soft launch campaign:
- Time period for the campaign should be pre-determined.
- Metrics mobile marketers and app developers want to test should be tracked carefully.
- Country and the game category need to be determined.
- Target audience should be worked closely.
- Ad creatives and CTAs should be created and tested frequently.
Get Featured On Mobile Marketing Reads!
We help companies in the mobile marketing ecosystem to reach a qualified, engaged audience for branding, thought leadership,and lead-generation.
LATEST MOBILE MARKETING NEWS
Check out these 6 best news aggregator apps to keep up with the latest news happening around the world around your favorite topics, from thousands of global & local news publishers, websites, blogs, social media channels and more! Feedly – Smarter News Reader First in our list of the best news aggregator apps is Feedly […] More
If you want to buy bitcoin or altcoins, you need to choose a crypto wallet where you can securely store your coins and tokens. These systems, which require complex passwords and require security measures such as two-factor authentication (2FA), make it possible for crypto and blockchain assets to be accessed only by their real owners. […] More
Arcade games, which are one of the most popular genres of the time with their simple and fast gameplay, still maintain their place on mobile, although not as much as before. In this list, we have brought together the best arcade games for Android to help you have a good time in a short time. […] More