According to the information on WhatsApp’s official website, the mobile app no longer supports iOS 9. This means that WhatsApp cannot be installed on iPhone models running iOS 9, with the release of the version 2.21.50 published in the App Store.
We provide support for and recommend using the following devices:
- Android running OS 4.0.3 and newer
- iPhone running iOS 10 and newer
- Select phones running KaiOS 2.5.1 newer, including JioPhone and JioPhone 2
WhatsApp Messenger for iOS 2.21.50 is available now on the App Store.— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) March 15, 2021
• It drops the iOS 9 support.
• The new archive is not available yet. https://t.co/cFKMpctZRH