Inshorts is a news aggregator app that summarises news to present them in 60 words or less. Founded in 2013 in India by Azhar Iqubal, Anunay Arunav, and Deepit Purkayastha, Inshorts provides mobile apps for Android and iOS users to encourage the youth in India to keep up with the news.
|Headquarter||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Founders||Azhar Iqubal, Anunay Arunav, Deepit Purkayastha|
|Number of Employees||500+|
|Google Play||Store Link|
|App Store||Store Link|
Inshorts Funding Rounds
Total Funding Amount (as of July 2021): $165 million in 9 funding rounds
Inshorts Revenue Statistics
- In July 2021, Inshorts raised $60 million in a new funding round at a $550 million valuation. (Techcrunch)
|July 2021||$550 million|
|March 2021||$250 million|
|September 2020||$125 million|
- Inshorts reported a turnover of Rs 81.74 crore for the fiscal ended 31st March 2020 compared to Rs 48.72 crore in FY19. (Exchange 4 Media)
- Inshort revenue for the period of 2019 – 2020 was $14 million.
- In FY19, Inshorts achieved a revenue run rate of $10 million per annum. (Insider)
- Inshorts became operationally profitable in November 2017, with a net revenue of $3.4 million, compared to $0.4 million in 2016.
Inshorts App Download Statistics
- As of April 2021, Inshorts app reached approximately 500k downloads worldwide in Google Play. (Sensor Tower)
- As of April 2021, Inshorts’ number of downloads worldwide in the App Store was around 50k. (Sensor Tower)
- Inshorts location-based social network app Public amassed around 84 million downloads since its launch in January 2020. (Entrackr)
- Inshorts’ Public reached more than 50 million monthly active users in just 8 months following the launch. More than 1 million videos are being created on the platform each month. (Techcrunch)
- Public has registered 10 million users within 6 months of launch, becoming the fastest Indian social app to cross the milestone. Witnessing tremendous growth in Tier 2-3 cities, Public has become No.1 app on Play Store in the category. (Inshorts)