Among Us Sees 655% Increase In Downloads & Hits 120 Million Global Installs

Among Us by InnerSloth has surpassed 120 million lifetime downloads and generated around $11 million from player spendings, according to recent data by Sensor Tower.  

The popular multiplayer social deduction game was launched on June 15th 2018 and has managed to reach number one in tens of countries in just 3 months, largely thanks to influencers and social media platforms. 

According to the Sensor Tower data (via Pocket, US players of Among Us accounted for the majority (20%) of the total downloads with 24.7 million, followed by Brazil and India. 

The game had its peak moments in August and September 2020, the data shows. It was downloaded around 94.5 million times and generated 78.2% of its total downloads during the two months. 

In August, it was downloaded 18.4 million times with a 655% monthly growth. And in September,  it was installed 76.1 million times with a 314% rise over August. 

The data also reveals that while Google Play accounted for almost 69% of all the downloads of Among Us, Apple’s App Store made up the remaining 31%. 

$11 Million Revenue From Player Spendings

In line with the growth in downloads, the game has seen a massive increase in its revenue too. It has generated around $11 million from player spendings since its first release. It is worth noting that this doesn’t include any ad revenues. 

Similarly, the United States was the top grossing market for the game with $7.2 million player spendings which accounts for 65% of the total revenue, followed by Canada and South Korea. 

Apple’s App Store users accounted for 70 percent of the player spendings while Google Play made up the remaining 30%. 

Also Read: Global Mobile Gaming Revenue To Hit $102.8 Billion By 2023

Number One in 124 Countries on App Store & 79 Countries On Play Store

App Annie’s download estimation for Among Us is a little bit lower at 83.1 million global installs. However, the platform’s data shows that the game has ranked #1 in 124 countries on Apple’s App Store and 79 countries on Google Play Store, as of September 28. 

Written by Jordan Bevan


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Best iOS Games: Police Quest – Feel Like A Police Officer

Facebook introduces cross-app messaging between Instagram and Messenger