Mobile app management company Airnow has acquired US-based mobile app and SDK intelligence provider MightSignal, in a $4.5 million deal.
With the acquisition of MightySignal which tracks a billion mobile SDK installations and millions of mobile ads every year, Airnow aims to further strengthen its capabilities in the SDK and ad intelligence space.
James Eggleston, co-founder and COO at Airnow, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Ryan and his fantastic team of highly skilled specialists to the Airnow family. Our business exists to benefit developers at every stage of their journey, and as the mobile app industry continues to grow at a tremendous rate, the addition of MightySignal and its unique benefits will only serve to power our customers’ capabilities.
MightySignal deal is the latest in a series of key acquisitions for Airnow, which over the past five years has acquired Priori Data, Airpush and Abilott with the goal of becoming a single platform for the app economy.
Airnow reported a $33m turnover in 2020, up 300%+ as compared to 2019, with a series of further acquisitions planned over the next 18 months.
MightySignal’s CEO, Ryan Buckley, adds: “We’re excited to have finally found a partner who believes in the importance of accurate mobile intelligence as much as we do. MightySignal entered the mobile data market as a leader in SDK intelligence and we recognised that to best serve our customers, we needed to offer more detailed app and publisher data. Under the Airnow Group, we can finally fulfill that vision.”
2021 continues to be a busy year for the ad tech industry with IPO and acquisitions. Last week, Outbrain announced that it has raised $200 million ahead of its IPO. In April, AppTweak raised $22 million in Series B funding, while Apptopia announced that it closed a $20 million funding round in May.
Ad Tech Acquisitions
- IronSource acquires ad quality measurement platform Soomla (January 2021)
- Digital Turbine Acquires AdColony for $400 Million (February 2021)
- IronSource acquires creative management platform Luna Labs (February 2021)
- AppLovin to acquire mobile measurement company Adjust (February 2021)
- Digital Turbine acquires mobile app monetization platform Fyber for $600M (March 2021)
- Vungle acquires mobile gaming analytics company GameRefinery (March 2021)
- Digital Turbine completes the acquisition of AdColony (May 2021)
- Vungle acquires mobile ad creative technology firm TreSensa Technologies (May 2021)
- Zynga agrees to acquire mobile ad and monetization platform Chartboost for $250 million (May 2021)
- Sensor Tower acquires market intelligence firm Pathmatics (May 2021)
- Skillz acquires mobile marketing platform Aarki for $150M (June 2021)
- Vungle agrees to acquire influencer marketing platform JetFuel (June 2021)
Ad Tech IPO
- Outbrain files for an IPO following Taboola’s go-public deal (July 2021)
- Integral Ad Science raises $270 million in IPO (July 2021)
- ironSource goes public after $11 billion SPAC merger (June 2021)
- DoubleVerify targets IPO valuation of up to $4.2 billion (April 2021)
- AppLovin fell around 18% in its trading debut after $2B U.S. IPO (April 2021)
- AppLovin files for an estimated $2 billion IPO (March 2021)
- InMobi plans U.S. IPO at up to $15B valuation, sources say (March 2021)